Thursday, December 31, 2009

Rev. Danny Fisher - Dude-ology (Lebowski Studies)

http://seesdifferent.files.wordpress.com/2006/07/biglebowski.jpg

I'm pleased to be able to re-post something from Rev. Danny Fisher at this site - he's a great Buddhist blogger and film aficionado - see these articles he has written:
This is a nice bit of serious humor for those of us who loved The Big Lebowski. And I reminder that I should OWN this film in my collection.

Dude-ology

December 29, 2009

There’s a great story in the New York Times today about a new book of academic articles from various disciplines about the Coen Brother’s 1998 comedy classic The Big Lebowski, and the burgeoning field of “Lebowski Studies.” I’ve posted a couple of times in the past about the film and its Buddhist connections. It’s also just a terrific, very funny film–highly recommended if you haven’t seen it.





No comments: